Instagram

Instagram

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year! 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

Officially the first blog post of the year and on the first day!

So as this is the new year i feel the need to somewhat acknowledge the whole resolutions thing.

Personally i am not a big fan of resolutions, but i do encourage goals! My goal that i constantly strive for is to get better at taking care of myself. Now as i am still in what i call the beginning stages of coping with a chronic illness, i find that there are tons of areas for me to improve upon.

First and fore most last night was new years eve. YAY! I spent the night with good friends and my amazingly supportive boyfriend and i broke my own rule and drank. Now for those of you who have Lyme Disease you know how important it is to avoid alcohol, sugars and grains since they all go against your body trying to detox. Well i figured it was a special occasion so why not. Well i remember why not… Not feeling super hot today. Slept most of the day and now that i am awake i am dealing with a seriously still neck, sore muscles in my back, upset stomach, clear digestion issues. etc.
All geared up for new england weather.. and yes that tiara says Ciroc (taken approx 1:30am mind you)

So now i learned that lesson alcohol is again off the table. Now i am going to make an effort every day to get better at eating foods that will aide my recovery, get moving more even when i don't have the energy, listening to my body more and giving it what it needs, get better at detoxing, get more organized and stop listening to negative people. 

I have found through this journey in dealing with Lyme i have sadly lost a few friends. I find that people often show their true colors when you are in need. After i went to the hospital for my heart problem i made the decision to not drive myself for a while out of fear that i would have an episode behind the wheel. Now this is when i started to notice "Friends" who i always made plans with, drove to go see.. those were the people that all of a sudden weren't able to make time to come see me or didn't make an effort to communicate with me.

So 2014 we are onto bigger and better things!

So making baby steps but my first big thing of 2014 i did was actually take my Detox 2. Now i have been dreading taking this ash looking stuff because of all of the negative hype my LLMD was giving it. 
Step one: Start at ash looking stuff and hype yourself up to do this.

Step two: Take Detox2 and put 1/4 tsp in a shot glass filled with water. Now off to mix and enjoy!

Step three: Down the hatch!

A closer look at the beast.


Final verdict: Not as terrible as it looks or as the face i make at the end of that video haha. The texture is honestly what surprised me the most since its pretty gritty like sand. The taste is exactly what it looks like. Tastes like what i imagine the ashes from cigarette do. Not that i'm going to be searching through ash trays to test that out any time soon..

So i conquered one of my fears. Now your turn!

Happy new year, can't wait to see what 2014 will bring…






No comments:

Post a Comment