Instagram

Instagram

Thursday, September 26, 2013

September 25th 2013

So i don't even know where to being without ranting. Its been a long month full of lots of changes and new beginnings. 

So the good, the bad and the nasty.

The Good:

I have been seeing an amazing guy for a little while now who i can officially call my boyfriend. We'll call him "C" (out of respect for his privacy and i'm pretty sure he doesn't even read this blog...). He is amazingly supportive, a genuinely good guy and for some reason or another can put up with me and all of my health woes. FINALLY NOT SINGLE. Better yet that feeling of being 100% comfortable with someone and knowing that you completely support you. Nothing can really touch that feeling right now.


Oh and remember back when i got glutened in Hampton? Oh ya that was C in the car driving. That was 90 minutes of pure horror on my behalf sitting in that car mortified of having that episode with him being around. Well at the very least he knows full willingly what he got himself into haha. 

C and i got to spend a nice weekend up in Vermont at the Spartan race at Killington Mountain. I was so happy to have a stress free weekend away. I was really proud of my progress with my arm strength because for the first time i was able to do the monkey bars all by myself (saving my 30 burpees! yay!!) 

I have become an unstoppable trivia force and am seriously considering packing my bags and traveling around winning trivia everywhere i go. Just kidding. But seriously i have been winning trivia every tuesday for a while now and finally won some money on scratch tickets ($105 total!) plus i won a winter classic hoodie and tee shirt last week. winner winner.


I have stopped losing weight but i am super happy with the visual progress i have seen in my body from continuing to work out. (far left early Sept, middle is two weeks ago and far right is the day after the spartan race)


Lastly finally getting a grip on what foods i can have without dying. Close to coming to a point where i get what my diet is. Dessert hacks! I attempted to make "ice cream" from bananas. Well it didn't blend as well as i hoped and i added some almond milk and soon enough it ended up looking more like a frosty from wendy's than ice cream. Either way it was delicious and totally agreed with my tummy!
Frozen bananas, nutella, non dairy enjoy life chocolate chips and slivered almonds!

The Bad:

My stomach problems have only been getting worse. With every weekly trip to the doctors comes more medications, more diagnosis, more bills, more tests..more more more.

After seeing Karen (my naturopath) this past week i actually took a day off work today because i was sick. Sometimes after she does the manual lymph node drainage a day or two later i feel like death. Correction every time she does it this happens. It just gets worse like it is today when there are bugs going around. 

The Ugly:


As of this past week i was officially diagnosed as having celiac disease. Now this is a bittersweet diagnosis because i'm very glad to know whats wrong so i can make corrective changes to my life to get better. But on the other hand my tests for sensitivities and allergies are getting worse. Either that or i had an incorrect reading previously. Either way it makes me pretty concerned. 


Sick girl supplies at it finest 
After i get the lymph node drainage massage from Karen i get pretty sick unfortunately. Whats happening is that my body is physically releasing all of the toxins and sickness that was being held into my system. So basically it sucks more times than others when its flu season because otherwise i don't get sick it just comes full force all at once. So here i am home sick from work today writing this post. At least i'm being productive?.. ish?
Silly faces can heal your soul sometimes..maybe not but i enjoy making a goofy face anyways
Now don't get me wrong  over the past few months my attitude towards my health issues have greatly changed. I feel as if i have become more positive and confident in my decisions regarding my health. I have a great support system of friends who unfortunately share similar issues, a great boyfriend and a mom who is trying to understand. Surrounding yourself with good and understanding people is really the best advice i can give to anyone in a similar position.                                                                         

 I feel very optimistic for the future and even with my new diagnosis comes more life changes. This is all a process of learning and growing and i am more than thankful for everyday and for the people who are in my life. 

Nothing but love love love.

Until next time....
  







No comments:

Post a Comment