Instagram

Instagram

Friday, December 13, 2013

Post Doxy

So i am officially over the three weeks of hell from the prescribed Doxycycline. 

So general recap of that is basically all of my symptoms intensified and worsened. Although i could fortunately get through it without taking any time out of work, it was extremely difficult and i found myself sleeping at any given chance when i had free time. I seriously couldn't have gotten through a day of work without napping at lunch. Serious perk of working at my place is we have therapy beds and we close down for lunch.. THANK GAWDDD. But one of our patients was awesome enough to introduce me to a new favorite thing. Everyday i would get moderate to severe nausea after i would take the doxy and sometimes randomly through the day. After a few days of throwing up at work and deciding that won't fly i adjusted the times i took the meds to be sick more at home instead. AND THEN i was introduced to this fizzy wonderfulness.


Not sure what it really is because its not soda but it basically is a bubbly and fizzy vitamin water. Thing saved me for a few days.

Slowly but surely i'm learning how all of this works. One step forward, two steps back. Anytime i feel any sort of improvement Lyme has a way of slapping me in the face and pushing me back in line. 

My final day of Doxy i went to see a Lyme literate Nurse who owns her own practice out of Providence. The woman i saw is a RN, MSN, APRN and associated with ILADS and has been taught by Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, M.D., PhD himself. So needless to say her reputation and credentials were enough to make me want to see her over others in the area (not to mention she came highly recommend from a friend).

Remember that time i told you all that EVERY TIME i go to the doctor i get a new diagnosis? Certainly non exception in this case apparently. I was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome (not new but certainly one that has been given and taken away from me many times along this road) and cell mediated immune deficiency. 

Along with new diagnoses always comes more pills. So now i am up to a chummy 22 pills per day (plus the Ph drops i take in water).

Which means you know what i'm asking for christmas this year… NEW PILL ORGANIZERS! Although to the non-spoonie this may seem like a boring gift but seriously a new nicer more organized one would be much appreciated. Because now i have stackable ones (about 8) that screw into another and don't do much for daily organization by time of day or meals.

Calcium Lactate for my eye and neck twitches

Zypan for Digestion with every meal (to be taken instead of the digest basic)

Symplex-F for Hormones and energy support

So my first appointment with this doctor was on Tuesday. Wednesday after taking the pills for the first time i felt GREAT. I was even telling one of my lyme friends how nice it was to have one good day. And of course it was my long day at work…spent inside all day. So then comes Thursday and now today Friday. And where am i? In my bed.. blogging on a Friday night because i have been fevering on  and off for the past 48 hours. 

Today i had a new symptom too that i have never had. My knee was getting severe pains radiating down my thigh into the knee caps and burning. Normally i have more acheyness and the pain comes and goes really fast but not today. This new one really wanted to hang around. So happy today i only had to work for a few hours because by the time i got home i was ready to cry it out and finish watching season 2 of American Horror Story on Netflix. 

The one good thing about being sick is it seems to carve out a hell of a lot of time in my schedule to either watch movies/tv shows or read books. Which i love to do both. But on the contrary it leads to me canceling plans last minute.. a lot. Like tonight i was suppose to go out with my cousin and her boyfriend in Providence. With raging body pains and fevers  i had to cancel :( sorry gingey. A few months ago i was planning a big skiing week trip with a bunch of my friends. I realized half way through planning that maybe it wouldn't be the smartest idea. Physical activity has been nonexistent for me for the past few months and to hold up to a whole week of skiing and snowboarding doesn't sound like it'll end well. So i had to cancel sooner than later and now i await the pictures on Facebook. Taunting me. All of these simple things i took for granted before i got sick now seem millions of miles away. I just feel like i can only look into other peoples lives and just play back the memories of the times i was able to do the things they are. Living vicariously through their Facebook posts and snap chat adventures. 


I am very thankful for the people who are there for me through all of this. Trying to keep me positive and on track with treatment. Even though a lot of times this means them sacrificing something.
Staying late through break at least means the gym to himself haha

My super supportive and handsome boyfriend who is studying at school for his last few finals this weekend. Yes i said this weekend. For some reason some people find that its an okay thing to give finals on Saturday after classes end? Seriously depriving me of quality snuggle time with the boy. But after he comes back home i have six weeks with him which is AMAZINNNGG. 

So i am trying to stay optimistic about all of the meds and see what comes next. Detox weekend ahead because it looks like we're getting 10+ inches of snow on Saturday. Keep in mind i drive a glorified go-cart so aka i'm going nowhere.

And let me leave you with some quotes from my symptom tracker app haha (pretty awesome eh?)



Peace, love and positive vibes my friends. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment