Instagram

Instagram

Monday, April 14, 2014

4.14.14

HELLO LYMIES!

So many things have happened since we last spoke. err well from when i spoke and you read haha. 

So BIG things have happened

I moved!! Little girl in the big city, well its not Boston but its fifteen minutes away and super close to work which is amazing. As many people battling auto immune disorders understand all the extra rest time you can have is a total godsend. My place is beautiful and i'm finally starting to really get settled and explore the area and really call this my "home". I share it with three other people that are rarely home which means i get a humungooo gorgeous kitchen all to myself! Not to mention there is a totally gluten free health store down the street that makes fresh juices! Can you say amen?
I honestly can't remember what was in this but it was delicious.

I started working weekends for an online company telecommuting. Which means i'm working a lot more now.. aka why i haven't written anything in a while. Nothing really crazy to report here.. you know work is work. 

I met with a nutritionist. Her name is Juliane and she was amaze balls. The only downer to her being so awesome was the new dietary restrictions i was given.. No dairy (duh), no gluten (double duh), no dried fruits or fruit juices and NO SUGAR. Now having lived more than half my life learning to not become attached to foods because i know in some way or form things always seem to be "bad" for me.. no matter the actual nutritional value. So when i heard i had to stay away from sugar i really wasn't concerned. 
Gluten free oats, frozen mixed berries heated up, walnuts and banana.. my now go to breakfast!

This was the book i was told to get by Juliane, yet to read it all the way through since i got it today but i'm excited for this change! Fuel your body not the disease.
HOLY HERX! I don't know how to emphasize this more. Starting on the 4th i stayed away from sugar. After 24 hours i had a severe migraine, and here is little naive old me thinking this was how it was going to be for a few days. Now let me reiterate.. when you have lyme disease nothing is ever "that simple". Three or so days go by then i notice my stomach is getting super sensitive. I then start alternating in between a low and high fever for another week, i then loose my voice, stomach is having pains and my body pains start worsening. Now mind you i totally doofed up and forgot to check the lunar calendar, because behold the full moon we had. In case you didn't know full moons somehow tend to make my pain and symptoms more aggressive and worse. So here i am a solid ten days after my last piece of sugar (sort of.. i cheated and had a SMALL piece of chocolate and lordy did i pay for it) and finally starting to get over the fevers and throat things. 

Oh and how did i almost forget.. I got the okay to drink again! THANK YOU UNIVERSE. So i had some clear rum and tequila the other night with total success! Well partially.. i apparently lost my tolerance and became a lightweight.. and my wallet is okay with that! haha.
Me and the boyfriend out in Beantown :)

I started working at my work's apothecary part time, four hours doing my normal desk job and four hours down in there. I honestly love it because it breaks the day up, not to mention since i've been on more than half of the things in stock its a good learning experience. 

I finally have been feeling well enough to start really moving around. I got so serious i even re-instated my gym membership! I am yet to go since this all happened today but i will start back slow soon which i'm super excited for.

Its been so nice being so close to so many friends and new activities out here i even got to go bouldering the other day! I plan to try as many new activities as my body will allow now being close to the city. Not to mention its fantastic to be able to go out and not worry about an hour plus ride home!!

A few weeks ago when things were pretty terrible i received this in the mail:

This was an awesome reminder that you are not alone and there are others in the same place you are all over the world. Be good to another and be kind.

Here's wishing well to my fellow fighters. Keep on trying it'll pay off. Here are some little words to live by to help keep your mind in a good place!
<3 Namaste lovies! 


No comments:

Post a Comment